Focus Area Description: In short and engaging videos, entrepreneurs share their experiences and offer insights into what it means to bring their entrepreneurial dream to life.
Our current library of 33 videos in this Focus Area are available in the “Related” column to the right; to view them click a thumbnail and become a member of Educate.Today.
To see sample videos in this area of the collection, click any of the titles below:
New August 2022! Meet the Entrepreneur: Svein Staaby
New May 2022! Meet the Entrepreneur: Aliska Walker
Reuben Reuel Creates Clothing for All Sizes of Women
Quick Ideas for Using our Meet the Entrepreneur Videos:
- Give students a chance to see the wide variety of options available to them as a future entrepreneurs themselves.
- As part of their study, have students watch videos and the examples of these entrepreneurs to develop their own “real world” definition of what being an entrepreneur really means in practice. Have them use excerpts from the videos to support their analysis.
- As part of their study, have students go into their community to interview/shadow entrepreneurs. Prior to conducting their own interviews or starting their shadowing experience, have students watch videos to help them determine questions to ask and how to organize a video or presentation they create to tell about their experience.
- Use the videos with lesson plans you create centered on characteristics and practices of entrepreneurship. Have students identify characteristics and practices they see in the videos by providing specific references/quotations.
- Foster an appreciation for the value that entrepreneurs bring to a community by seeing the wide array of ways they can contribute to a local economy.
- Give students an inside look at the workings of businesses in a local economy.
- Have students include insights gained through the videos as part of their projects, papers, and presentations on an entrepreneur-related subject by:
- interpreting and/or summarizing what they saw and learned in the video.
- citing quotations from the expert in the video.