Focus Area Description: Go inside the creative world of music with professional musicians and music teachers as they share how they make music, why they make music, and what it’s like to make a living in music.
Our current library of 32 videos in this Focus Area are available in the “Related” column to the right; to view them click a thumbnail and become a member of Educate.Today.
To see sample videos in this area of the collection, click any of the titles below:
New October 2022! Little Known Ragtime History
The Bass in Jazz Music
Being a Singer and Songwriter–Bloom
Quick Ideas for Using our Making Music Videos:
- Foster an appreciation for music by learning from professional musicians and music teachers directly.
- Give students a “behind the scenes” look at what goes into creating music by going “inside the head” of musicians and seeing how and why they create.
- Help students learn about different musical concepts, instruments, and styles.
- Have students include insights gained through the videos as part of their projects, papers, and presentations on a music-related subject by:
- interpreting and/or summarizing what they saw and learned in the video.
- citing quotations from the expert in the video.