Focus Area Description: Dancers describe their career, their study, their techniques, and what it means to dance.
Our current library of 33 videos in this Focus Area are available in the “Related” column to the right; to view them click a thumbnail and become a member of Educate.Today.
To see sample videos in this area of the collection, click any of the titles below:
New June 2022! Dancing “Stomp” from “The Little Dancer”
The Relationship Between Dancer and Choreographer – One Dancer’s Perspective
Self-Discovery Through Butoh
Quick Ideas for Using our Being a Dancer Videos:
- Foster an appreciation for dance by learning from dancers directly.
- Give students a real-world perspective on the artistic, physical and mental work that goes into being a dancer/choreographer.
- Use the videos as a source of inspiration for students to create their own dances.
- Give students interested in a potential dance career insights into that career.
- Have students include insights gained through the videos as part of their projects, papers, and presentations on a dance-related subject or individual by:
- interpreting and/or summarizing what they saw and learned in the video.
- citing quotations from the expert in the video.