Do you have questions about how to use the website and its features? Find answers through the Frequently Asked Questions below or our Tutorial Help Videos. Have a question but don’t find an answer? Send us a message on our Contact Us page.
FAQs are grouped by topic areas organized alphabetically on this page.
- How do I become a member? Just click on the “Sign Up” button on the home page and decide which kind of member you want to be.
- Does Educate.Today offer a playlist feature? Yes we do. To learn how to set up your playlists, view Tutorial 14: Setting Up Your Playlist.
- Can I search for videos by standards? Yes, you can. Just click the “Search” dropdown menu and select to search “By Standards.” A box will appear to guide your search. Want to provide “Search by Standards” instructions for others? Just download Using the Standards Search Feature.pdf.
- What is meant by the “Video ID” search and how do I use it? The “ID” search enables a user to find a specific video based on the word and number provided before the colon in each of our video titles. For example, the unique ID in the video entitled “Weather 1: What tools are used to forecast the weather?” is “Weather-1.” This search function is designed to let teachers assign students to watch a specific video, have the student select “ID” for their search, type the unique ID in the keyword box or scroll down for its listing, and have only that video appear as a search result.
- How does a student become a member of Educate.Today? Students become members through their teachers’ membership when a teacher adds them to his/her classroom account or through a homeschool membership when they are added to their family’s classroom account. To create a classroom account, all you need to do is become a Teacher Member then click on the “Profile” dropdown and select “Classrooms.” Our Classrooms feature is compatible with Google Classrooms, so you can integrate information as needed.
- Do I need a specific web browser? Is one or more browser(s) better than others for viewing? The website was designed with Google Chrome as its preferred browser, but it is built to function most effectively in any of the browser versions below:
Google Chrome: Version 67 or above
Safari: Version 11.1 or above
Firefox: Version 60 or above
Microsoft Edge: Version 17 or above
If you are using versions older than the ones listed above or different browsers than listed above, certain features and functions of the website, along with layout of pages, may vary and/or not work. The resolution of your screen and device you are viewing on will also affect page layout. For best use, we recommend utilizing the most recent version of the browser you select.
- Can I turn off the scrolling banner if I want to? Yes. Members can turn off the scrolling banner in their profile settings. Just click on the arrow to the right of the member icon up by the scrolling banner and select “Profile.” Scroll down to the bottom of the profile page, and de-select the scrolling banner feature. If you want to make the banner active again, just re-select it in the same place.