Focus Area Description: Go beyond the footlights and behind the curtain as theatre professionals share what it means and what it takes to bring their art to life.
Our current library of 88 videos in this Focus Area are available in the subareas listed to the right; to view them click a thumbnail and become a member of Educate.Today.
To see sample videos in this area of the collection, click any of the titles below:
New February 2023! When Tennessee was Tom: Tennessee Williams’ Youth in St. Louis and Its Effect on His Writing
Being an Actor: Bradley James Tejeda
StageCrafters with Kwofe Coleman
Directing Different Kinds of Shows
Quick Ideas for Using our StageCrafters Videos:
- Give students the opportunity to learn by example by getting “inside the head” of theatre professionals working in positions similar to what students are taking in classroom or school productions.
- Provide non-theatre students with insights into the “workings” of professional theatre.
- Inspire theatre students to think in new and different ways about the nature of theatre and the work of specific theatre-related positions and apply those insights to their own work on theatre productions and performances.
- Give theatre students a real-world perspective on the “nuts and bolts” of a particular theatre-related career.
- Give students interested in a potential theatre-related career insights into that career.
- Use the videos with lesson plans you create that place students in specific theatre-related roles or positions.
- Have students include insights gained through the videos as part of their projects, papers, and presentations on a theatre-related subject by:
- interpreting and/or summarizing what they saw and learned in the video.
- citing quotations from the expert in the video.