Focus Area Description: Enjoy short video profiles of visual artists as they share examples of their work and highlight the processes used to create their work.
Our current library of 156 videos in this Focus Area are available in the subareas listed to the right; to view them click a thumbnail and become a member of Educate.Today.
To see sample videos in this area of the collection, click any of the titles below:
New April 2023! Meet the Artist: Felia Davenport
New February 2023! Meet the Artist: Katharina Grosse
Meet the Artist: Nikki Leeper
Meet the Artist: Richard Wilson
Meet the Artist: Sadoth Gonzalez
The King of Cardboard
Quick Ideas for Using our Meet the Artist Videos:
- Foster art appreciation by seeing a wide variety of types of art, gaining a better understanding of what it means to be a professional artist, and seeing art that inspires and intrigues.
- Give art students the opportunity to learn from professional artists in mediums the student already creates in or is interested in exploring.
- Give art students a chance to see the wide variety of options available to them as a future “working artists” themselves.
- Inspire art students to think differently about their own work and creative process.
- Use the videos with lesson plans you create centered on evaluating art by having students respond to the art seen in a critical and thoughtful way.
- Use the videos with lesson plans or simulations you create where students present their own art works to be exhibited and/or sold.
- Have students include insights gained through the videos as part of their projects, papers, and presentations on an art-related subject by:
- interpreting and/or summarizing what they saw and learned in the video.
- citing quotations from the expert in the video.