Focus Area Description: Videos offer examples and insights from volunteers and community service professionals on developing positive character traits such as kindness, respect, commitment, and more.
Our current library of 27 videos in this Focus Area are available in the subareas listed to the right; to view them click a thumbnail and become a member of Educate.Today.
To see sample videos in this area of the collection, click any of the titles below:
New November 2022! Jackie Joyner Kersee: How My Childhood Made Me Want to Help Others
New August 2022! How Helping Others Has Changed Me
New May 2022! Kids Defining Kindness (Member Created Video)
Quick Ideas for Using our Building Character Videos:
- Use the videos as conversation starters as part of your character education curriculum.
- View videos in small group or whole class settings and have students respond to the insight/example provided by the expert. What do they agree or disagree with? Why?
- Use the videos with journal prompts for students to write about as part of your character education curriculum.
- Use the videos as examples for a video project where your students ask similar questions of community service professionals and volunteers in your town.
- Have students include insights gained through the videos as part of their projects, papers, and presentations on a character education-related subject by:
- interpreting and/or summarizing what they saw and learned in the video.
- citing quotations from the expert in the video.