Focus Area Description: Jazz musicians demonstrate jazz concepts, techniques, and performance.
Our current library of 24 videos in this Focus Area are available in the subareas listed to the right; to view them click a thumbnail and become a member of Educate.Today.
To see sample videos in this area of the collection, click any of the titles below:
Building Blocks of Jazz—Bass
Quick Ideas for Using our Building Blocks of Jazz Videos:
- Foster an appreciation for jazz music by gaining a better understanding of the styles, techniques, and artistic processes involved.
- Give students learning to play an instrument specific examples of, and insights into, using that instrument to play jazz music.
- Give more experienced music students the chance to gain insights and learn techniques from jazz musicians working in the field.
- Have students include insights gained through the videos as part of their projects, papers, and presentations on a music-related subject by:
- interpreting and/or summarizing what they saw and learned in the video.
- citing quotations from the expert in the video.
- Have students use a video as a source of inspiration to create their own video where they demonstrate a jazz technique or style and/or teach something about jazz music.